Josh and Yona's Blog of Many Things

Josh started this blog when he was doing disaster recovery work after Hurricane Katrina. Now it is mostly our travel blog.

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Demobilization

Another person from the Biloxi office was sent home. Evenidently he was also overdue to go home, but never knew it. He left the same day that his HR person tracked him down. I have decided the proper solution is to not call my HR person for any reason and not answer my phone when she calls.
Along those lines, here is a memo I recieved from my HR contact...

I received a master list of demob dates for TACs (Technical Assistance Contractor aka me). Those TACs who were on the list have been notified of their demob dates, if you are uncertain or have a question please call or email me. The TACs that did not appear on the list are to assume that their demob date is March 20th. However, this date can be moved up or you could be asked to extend your deployment beyond this date (Mind you March 20th is 10 days away. What is the point of making everyone change plans and quickly pass of work if it is only a few days difference? Why not allow an orderly transition?). LTCR management will review the status of remaining projects and determine from that point who would need to extend their stay and who can be demobilized. Should management decide that your demob date will change, I will contact you to alert you of a new date.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home