Josh and Yona's Blog of Many Things

Josh started this blog when he was doing disaster recovery work after Hurricane Katrina. Now it is mostly our travel blog.

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Not So Great

Every time I tell people that I am in Gulfport for the winter, they say I am so lucky. But really, Gulfport, like everywhere, has its problems. Take today for instance. I am having some people over for the superbowl. I wanted to have a barbeque, but, was it going to rain? Would it be warm? I didn’t know. I could not do my shopping until today, when I knew for sure that it would be in the 70s and sunny.

Beyond the uncertainty, there are other problems. Again take today. Around 3 or 4 in the afternoon, the sun was pouring in my seven foot high windows and it was getting too warm. I had to open the windows, to let in a great refreshing breeze. If I were home in Hayseed (in the Midwest) I would not have had to worry about opening the windows. The heater just kicks on when my house gets cold. I don’t need to go around opening things and closing things, and all that bother.

You see, it is not so great here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home