Josh and Yona's Blog of Many Things

Josh started this blog when he was doing disaster recovery work after Hurricane Katrina. Now it is mostly our travel blog.

Friday, May 19, 2006

Toilet Training

I was clearing up old files and discovered this entry that I never posted...


Two friends and I were walking around a cool neighborhood last night and found this very cool restaurant. We had already eaten so we decided to stop in for desert. The restaurant, called The Bank, was in an old Greek Revival style building that was once a bank. The windows were 20 feet high and the ceilings even higher. Even in the restaurant was well dressed and beautiful.

Well, I nearly caused a flood. Here is what happened:
I flushed the toilet.

I flushed it once, but it flushed incessantly.

It sounded and looked like Niagara Falls. It was one of those commercial-grade power flush toilets that flush with vengeance. It sounded like a jet airplane and was the most ferocious flows I have ever seen in a toilet. More and more water came. The only bit of good luck was that it managed to get down the drain.

After a couple of minutes of incessant flushing I decided to return to my table. Feeling guilty and nervous, I returned to the bathroom to check on the progress after 5 minutes.

Still Niagara Falls in there.

I started to think I would need to tell someone. Unfortunately the wait staff consisted of pretty young females and they did not seem to be the right people to deal with such a serious problem. Besides, who wants to have to tell a pretty women that you broke the toilet.

I waited another five minutes, but it was still a waterfall in there.

After 10 minutes of drought inducing hard core flushing, I decided I had no choice. I swallowed hard and went to tell someone. Before fessing up, I went to look one last time and discovered the toilet had fixed itself.

Thank god.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home