Josh and Yona's Blog of Many Things

Josh started this blog when he was doing disaster recovery work after Hurricane Katrina. Now it is mostly our travel blog.

Sunday, February 26, 2006

My pad

I have not been writing so much lately. I think it is because I am burning out on my job and not feeling particularly prolific.

I wanted to write a quick note on my apartment. I have been having people over fairly regularly because it is Mardi Gras and I am a few blocks away from the main parade route.

All my co-workers live in hotels and they are amazed at how nice my apartmeent is and I agree, it is great on many different levels. Simply having a fridge and stove makes life so much more normal. I can offer people cold water or beer! Also, the apartment has 18 foot ceilings and 7 foot windows, which make it light and airy. It has great exposed brick walls and wood beams. It is in the ultra-hip warehouse district. More importantly, it is real. It is not some insitutional soulless place to sleep, as are most hotels.

The funny thing is, it doesn't feel like me. It is too trendy, too cool. It doesn't bother me at all because it is only a few months, but still, it is weird. If feels more like I am playing a role in a movie or maybe that I am house-sitting for some ultra-hip yuppie.

I am not sure what is next. Perhaps for me to be pimped out in the nicest Zoot Suit around, down to the shiny white shoes. I am sure I would get lots of compliments on that too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home