Josh and Yona's Blog of Many Things

Josh started this blog when he was doing disaster recovery work after Hurricane Katrina. Now it is mostly our travel blog.

Monday, February 20, 2006

Paper cuts and other calamities

Most of my co-workers are great. We just got a new person, Vivian, whose job it is to do outreach, and she is a little high maintenance. I mean, Vivian’s great too, she is a pleasure to work with and amazing at getting through red tape. Anyway, she came to trailer two and asked for the admin assistant (My co-workers and I occupy two trailers in the Walmart parking lot. We call them trailer one and trailer two).

The admin was busy so I asked if I could help her. Well, Vivian explained, late last week she got a paper cut and was worried because it still hurt a little bit. She wanted the admin to make some calls so she would not have to wait in line at the clinic. The paper cut looked like any old cut to me. It was closed and not swollen. It was a tiny bit off-color, as small cuts are libel to get as the skin heals. She did not wince as I touched it.

I talked her out of going to the doctor. I convinced her to give it a few more days. It’s a f***ing disaster zone and she wanted to jump the line at the only medical clinic in town so the doctors could look at her paper cut!!

Finally, a co-worker that is worth blogging about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home