Josh and Yona's Blog of Many Things

Josh started this blog when he was doing disaster recovery work after Hurricane Katrina. Now it is mostly our travel blog.

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Government speak

My email had been down since they day I arrived. I was told that my account was created on one system and migrated to another. It took a month for it to find its way home. Well, there were over 100 emails waiting for me when I logged on, many marked urgent. At least a dozen were directed to someone who had a similar name. After making my way though all the ones marked urgent I arrived at the sea of memos.
Some had as many accronyms as words
"Cory is our POC for GIS in AFO . "

Others I had to look in the dictionary to see if they applied to me:
"Would you send this out as an “All Hands” for 1603 and 1607.
Annuitants should complete Part A of the form and return to Admin at the JFO for further processing. Please note the 12/28/05 date. Thank you. "

And others that were backwards speak remonicent of Meals Ready to Eat...
"The attached memo please see that ALL STAFF working on FEMA-1603 & 1607-DRs receive a copy of."

The good old government.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home