Josh and Yona's Blog of Many Things

Josh started this blog when he was doing disaster recovery work after Hurricane Katrina. Now it is mostly our travel blog.

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

The package

The next day a package from FedEx arrived. It had dozens of forms that I needed to fill out. The standard stuff, drivers license, social security, all the places I had lived for the past five years. I quickly returned these. I was told to report for a medical screening and immunizations, which I did.

A few days later I recieved a call and was told I had given them an invalid drivers license number. I left a message reminding them that they had a copy of my drivers license, but reading the number. The next day I recieved another call, they still were not satisfied. They wanted letters as well as numbers for my drivers license number. After considerable back and forth, they accepted my word that there were only numbers.

All the paper work was finally squared away.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rick Russotti said...

Hi- I was wondering: What type of education/training do you have to be interested in dong this type of work? Also, do you have any related work experiance dealing with traditional or non-traditional responders?

4:29 PM  
Blogger Rick Russotti said...

Please consider looking at my site - Mitigation Journal, at http://mitigationjournal.blogspot.com

Thanks

4:29 PM  
Blogger JNA said...

The typical degree is a Master's in City Planning. It is possible, but difficult, to break into the industry without the Master's degree. The American Planning Association (APA) has information about accredited schools as well as the planning industry in general.
Thanks for your comment
PD

6:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home